Laser reduction of scars and stretch marks
Indications for the erbium-yag laser treatment
- atrophic scars – in the form of depressions visible on the surface of the skin, resulting (usually) as a result of inflammatory processes, e.g. acne, chicken pox
- hypertrophic scars – haughty, hard scars with a slow tendency to fade
- stretch marks – most often found on the skin of the abdomen, breasts, buttocks and thighs
reduction of scars
and stretch marks
The course of
Depending on the condition of the skin, the doctor selects the appropriate working parameters in order to the desired effect of the treatment.
Before starting the procedure, the doctor applies an anesthetic cream. After 30-40 minutes, we can start the treatment. During its duration, the patient may feel a gentle feeling of warmth and micro-puncture. Scars can be effectively eliminated with laser therapy. In the case of deeper scars, it is worth combining the use of the laser with the administration of fibrin to the patient, which significantly accelerates skin regeneration. The recovery period is 5-7 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
by our patients
1. How many laser treatments for scars?
How many treatments should be performed? The number of laser scar removal treatments necessary to obtain a satisfactory effect varies, depending on the problem being treated – the size and shape of the scar and the age of the patient. We usually carry out about 4-6 treatments
2. Can the scar be completely removed?
Unfortunately, this is a myth. It is not possible to remove the scar 100% in such a way as to replace it with healthy tissue. None of the treatments for scars will reduce them completely, although there are many ways to improve their appearance.
3. Does laser scar removal hurt?
Laser scar removal is an almost painless procedure. Only a slight burning and pinching sensation is felt. In some cases, it is possible to direct a stream of cool air to the skin or use a special anesthetic
laser therapy services
After completing the form, we will respond within 60 minutes during the clinic’s working hours.