In ODENT Medical Centre
Teeth whitening is one of the most popular procedures enhancing dental aesthetics.
A bright, radiant smile makes you feel attractive and boosts your self-esteem. Healthy and white teeth guarantee an excellent first impression!
IN ODENT Medical Centre, we offer the following teeth whitening options:
- in-office tooth whitening
- overlay teeth whitening
- whitening of a single tooth
- tooth colour lightening
BEYOND - 90 min!
Both BEYOND in-office method take about 90 minutes and is completely painless. The doctor applies bleaching gel onto the teeth three times and activates it with special a BEYOND accelerator. Before the bleaching gel is applied, your gums will be covered with a liquid dental dam to protect the gingival mucosa against being irritated by the gel. The method guarantees white teeth after one appointment and the effect is long-lasting – you teeth will be brighter for about two years.
Your smile will be white and radiant again within less than two hours!
The tray-based whitening method is for those patients who prefer to spread the procedure out in time and to do it at home. The dentists will craft for you special bleaching splints and give you bleaching gel along with precise instructions how to use it at home. At home, you should apply the bleaching gel onto the splints and wear them for several hours a day or put the splints on at night. The final results will be visible after 7 to 14 days after the first use of the whitening trays.
It happens sometimes that the tooth colour changes into blue-grey after the root canal treatment. Such discolouration occurs when blood pigments, dead dental pulp and the material filling in the canal permeate into the dentin.
If that is the case, the whitening process consists in preparation of the crown and placing a whitening agent into the tooth. The agent is released inside and whitens the crown from within. This method usually requires several appointments during which the dentist replenishes the whitening material. At the last appointment, after a satisfactory effect has been achieved, the dentist will put on the final composite filling.
The whitening of such a tooth involves preparing the cavity and inserting a whitening preparation inside the tooth. The preparation is released in the tooth and whitens the tooth crown. Whitening of the tooth usually requires several visits, during which the dentist refills the whitening preparation. On the last visit, once a satisfactory result has been achieved, the dentist places the final composite filling.
The teeth should be cleaned professionally before the whitening procedure to remove dental plaque and calculus.
before and after teeth whitening:
Recommendations before tooth whitening
- Before bleaching, the teeth should be professionally cleaned of tartar and plaque in the dental surgery. The hygienization procedure should be carried out at least 2 days before the whitening procedure, preferably treating caries and protecting cavities with temporary fillings of particularly sensitive cervical areas of teeth.
- After whitening, the dentist will fill the teeth with a material colour-matched to the whitened teeth.
Recommendations after tooth whitening
- After tooth whitening, hypersensitivity may occur, in which case we recommend the use of hypersensitivity-reducing toothpastes generally available in pharmacies and drugstores.
- During and after overlay whitening, we recommend following a "white diet" for approx. 1 week, in particular limiting: coffee, tea, red wine and other coloured drinks, berries, quince, blackcurrant, pureed juices and chlorhexidine-based mouthwashes.
- We recommend that you do not smoke for approximately 48 hours after the treatment, as these substances can reduce the effectiveness of the whitening treatment.
- We recommend a dental cleaning (scaling) in 6-8 months.
The benefits of teeth whitening treatment:
- the appearance of whiter, healthier teeth
- white teeth are an asset to beauty and youthfulness
- improvement in well-being
Frequently asked questions
The result of teeth whitening usually lasts for 2-3 years but it also depends on individual eating and drinking habits, e.g. drinking strong coffee or tea, red wine. Smoking tobacco is also of importance. Furthermore, the effect depends on whether we maintain a proper oral hygiene and have our teeth cleaned professionally at a dentist’s office(scaling, sand-blasting), thanks to which dental plaque and calculus are regularly removed.
Teeth whitening is painless. Before the procedure, the dentist covers your gums with a light-cured dental dam in order to protect them from the bleaching agent. During the procedure, hypersensitivity may occur but it usually disappears after 24 hours.Before the whitening procedure, the dentist applies a light-curing cofferdam on the gums, protecting them against the whitening preparation. During the whitening procedure hypersensitivity may occur, which usually disappears after 24 hours.
Teeth whitening does not weaken enamel.Modern bleaching agents are based on oxidizers and do not cause mechanical damage of the enamel. Pigments in the enamel are lightened without changing its structure.
Once you have completed the form, we will respond within 60 minutes during clinic hours.