At ODENT Centre, we offer to our patients in-office Beyond teeth whitening or at-home tray-based teeth whitening.
Teeth whitening is one of the most popular procedures enhancing dental aesthetics. A bright, radiant smile makes you feel attractive and boosts your self-esteem. Healthy and white teeth guarantee an excellent first impression!
At ODENT Centre, we offer the following teeth whitening options:
- In-office BEYOND teeth whitening
- Tray-based teeth whitening
- Single-tooth whitening
BEYOND - 90 min!
Both BEYOND in-office method take about 90 minutes and is completely painless. The doctor applies bleaching gel onto the teeth three times and activates it with special a BEYOND accelerator. Before the bleaching gel is applied, your gums will be covered with a liquid dental dam to protect the gingival mucosa against being irritated by the gel. The method guarantees white teeth after one appointment and the effect is long-lasting – you teeth will be brighter for about two years.
Your smile will be white and radiant again within less than two hours!
The tray-based whitening method is for those patients who prefer to spread the procedure out in time and to do it at home. The dentists will craft for you special bleaching splints and give you bleaching gel along with precise instructions how to use it at home. At home, you should apply the bleaching gel onto the splints and wear them for several hours a day or put the splints on at night. The final results will be visible after 7 to 14 days after the first use of the whitening trays.
It happens sometimes that the tooth colour changes into blue-grey after the root canal treatment. Such discolouration occurs when blood pigments, dead dental pulp and the material filling in the canal permeate into the dentin.
If that is the case, the whitening process consists in preparation of the crown and placing a whitening agent into the tooth. The agent is released inside and whitens the crown from within. This method usually requires several appointments during which the dentist replenishes the whitening material. At the last appointment, after a satisfactory effect has been achieved, the dentist will put on the final composite filling.
The teeth should be cleaned professionally before the whitening procedure to remove dental plaque and calculus.
before and after teeth whitening:
Recommendations befor teeth whitening:
- Prior to the whitening procedure, you should have your teeth professionally cleaned in a dentist’s surgery to remove dental plaque and tartar. Dental prophylaxis procedures should be performed at least two days before the whitening treatment. You should also have your teeth checked for tooth decay and all cavities should be treated and sealed with temporary fillings.
- After the whitening procedure, the dentist will fill the teeth in with material matching the shade of your whitened teeth.
Recommendations after teeth whitening:
- After the whitening procedure your teeth may feel hypersensitive, therefore we recommend using toothpaste for hypersensitive teeth widely available in pharmacies.
- During the tray-based whitening and for about 1 week afterwards, it is advisable to follow the so-called “white diet” and avoid in particular coffee, tea, red wine and other dark-coloured beverages, blueberries, beetroots, black currant, smoothies and chlorhexidine-based mouthwash.
- Do not smoke tobacco for about 48 hours after the procedure as it may compromise the final result of the whitening treatment.
- We recommend that you have your teeth professionally cleaned (scaling) in 6 to 8 months after the whitening procedure.
The benefits of teeth whitening treatment:
- White, healthy teeth
- More attractive and younger appearance thanks to brighter teeth
- Boosted self-esteem and confidence
The result of teeth whitening usually lasts for 2-3 years but it also depends on individual eating and drinking habits, e.g. drinking strong coffee or tea, red wine. Smoking tobacco is also of importance. Furthermore, the effect depends on whether we maintain a proper oral hygiene and have our teeth cleaned professionally at a dentist’s office(scaling, sand-blasting), thanks to which dental plaque and calculus are regularly removed.
Teeth whitening is painless. Before the procedure, the dentist covers your gums with a light-cured dental dam in order to protect them from the bleaching agent. During the procedure, hypersensitivity may occur but it usually disappears after 24 hours.
Teeth whitening does not weaken enamel.Modern bleaching agents are based on oxidizers and do not cause mechanical damage of the enamel. Pigments in the enamel are lightened without changing its structure.
After completing the form, we will respond within 60 minutes during the clinic’s working hours.